Getting that balance between going to work for that meeting and drinks with your buddies is difficult even for the pros. So unless you’re planning to carry along a change and to struggle to get dressed for your event after a long day of work, this one’s for you. We’re guiding you on how to maneuver through the tricky course of getting that perfect balance between work and play.
1. If you’re juggling a hectic work schedule where you need to dress to impress and then heading out to paint the town in the rainbow of your personality, then you need this. Adding a pop of subtle pastel colours and colour blocking are the way to go. So start with your favourite pair of checkered pants, a modest crop top and cover up with a navy blazer. The key is in having a pair of well-tailored pants and blazer, they add a certain je ne sais quoi, and make you look sharp. Complete your look with subtle accessories like geometrical hoops, a clutch and boots, to take you from desk to dawn.
2. If you’ve got a meeting you’ve prepped for and need to seal the deal, you can never go wrong with a pastel coloured pencil skirt. Add some print and a little sass with a floral printed shirt and some nude wedges. When you’re headed out for your friend’s party, tuck in the front of the shirt and leave the back free-flowing for a nonchalant effect, complete with a signature black bag and you’re sure to look like you’ve had an outfit change. This look with take you from desk to dawn with ease.
3. If you work in an industry where your brainpower is more important than the way you dress, this look will do you absolute justice. Work wear can be fun too, all you’ve got to do is get the essentials right, which are a great pair of black jeans and equally workable sneakers. When you have to head out, just add a choker and let your hair down for suave effects.
4. These looks are perfect for when you’re going for a casual night out right after a hard day at work, you can go with a pair of well-fitted trousers or culottes in an earthy colour. Top the look with either a kimono top or a polo neck top in a dark colour to keep your outfit sophisticated yet fun. Finish the look with a pair of your favourite wedges to evolve from desk to dawn.
5. You can never go wrong with denim. Keep your look cazj with a woven tan belt and matching moccasins in toe. Pair your denim shirt with a pair of well-tailored beige trousers. You can easily go out for drinks with your buddies to your favourite sports bar in this look and stay hella cool.
6. You’ve got your friend’s engagement to go to, but uh-oh your boss just called and you have a high-profile meeting scheduled for the same day. What are you going to do? Easy. You need a great fitting sport coat and a tuxedo-style shirt. Pair this with a pair of wool-blend grey trousers and accessories that will help you look chic and party-ready. Your shoes must make a statement with oxfords.