Athleisure is one of the biggest trends of the decade to surface in the fashion realm. Women these days prefer wearing leggings, crop tops, sports sneakers and sports bras, while men out there can be seen in sweatpants, hoodies and running shoes.
Athleisure is a perfect blend of athletic and leisure styles aimed to offer wearers a comfortable, fashionable and dynamic aesthetic to flaunt daily. If you are looking to raise your everyday style bar a notch higher, experimenting with this trend is worthwhile.
Join the bandwagon by taking baby steps. First, you can switch your footwear style to some sporty running shoes. And to help you choose the best sneakers, we’ve added some style hacks for you. Along with the footwear, there are style tips to help you pair the shoes with different athleisure clothing.
Hack No. #1: Choose Shoes that are Smart, Functional, Sporty and Chic
Choosing the right shoes is crucial to mastering the athleisure trend. At Metro, we’ve got a lot of options for you, starting with running shoes. Not only are they stylish, but also sturdy, supportive and functional. Find the best running shoes for men and women. Consider factors like durability, fit, flexibility, arch support and cushioning when buying the shoes
Hack No. #2: Mind the Colours When Choosing Shoes for Acing the Athleisure Trend
Another important hack when choosing running shoes for rocking the athleisure trend is to mind the colours. The right shade can make or break your outfit, so it’s important to choose wisely. When in doubt, go for neutral colours like black, white, grey, or navy, as these colours are easy to match with other clothing items. If you want to add a pop of colour, consider going for bright or bold colours.
Outfit Ideas for Men to Join the Athleisure Trend
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your outfits if you want to achieve the perfect athleisure look! Below are some intriguing outfit ideas you can create with the best sports shoes for men.
- For a casual look, pair a classic sweatshirt with joggers and white running shoes for men. Complete the look with a beanie and a crossbody bag.
- A simple look for all the minimalists! Pair a track jacket with tailored joggers and colour-blocked sneakers. Add elegance with a timeless leather watch.
- For a sporty look, pair a graphic tee with cycling shorts and chunky sneakers. Then, give your ensemble a streetwear vibe with a baseball cap.
Outfit Ideas for Women to Rock the Athleisure Trend
Looking for outfit ideas with the best running shoes for women? Here are some athleisure looks to try:
- Flaunt a chic, casual look by pairing a cropped hoodie with high-waisted leggings and sneakers. Elevate this look with a printed crossbody bag for a sporty finish.
- Here is a more refined look for you. Team an outfit of a blazer and cycling shorts. Then, slide into slip-on running shoes, carry a tote bag and wear sunglasses to make a statement.
- Go with the trend by combining a graphic tank top with joggers and chunky sneakers. Layer a denim jacket and top off the look with a bucket hat.
Step up Your Athleisure Game with the Right Shoes Today
To successfully pull off the athleisure trend, confidence is key. Step out of your comfort zone and explore new looks. To get started, consider buying the best running shoes and follow these style tips to stand out. By embodying confidence and trying out new styles, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the athleisure trend.